Monday, October 13, 2008

Let's Get to Know Marsha


Do you have any undiscovered or hidden talents? If so, what?
I know there is lounge singer just waiting to emerge.

Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself. You may explain your choices or not as you see fit.
Understanding, forgiving, intelligent, problem solver, adventurer, foolish, strong, loving, fun, water

What was your first car?
Used four-door Audi sedan; five speed manual; oh, that car could drive

Do you have any pets? If so, what?
Sophie the cat, 9 years old, and Shasta the dog, one year old

What's your favorite restaurant?
I love the salad bar at Sizzler.

If you could have plastic surgery right now and change anything about yourself, what would you change?
Blepharectomy

What is the most you've ever eaten in one sitting?
More popcorn than you can imagine.

What has been your most scary moment in life?
Swimming at Huntington Beach in Southern California and seeing this fin keep coming toward me. I thought: “Death by a shark!” It was a porpoise.

Do you follow trends?
No

If you were told right now that you've won a 70 million dollar lottery, how would you spend the moolah?
Pay off the mortgages of my five siblings and my two sons, oh yeah, mine also. See if my mom wanted a condo on the ocean. Sponsor several good friends that I met this past summer when I was teaching nursing in northeastern China. Positively retire. Look for a compound for a family retreat somewhere beautiful, beach or mountains, not sure. Travel. Invest.

Have you ever gone toilet-papering? If so, tell us:
No, I was a very boring teenager.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Just give me that 70 million dollars and I’ll send you postcards.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
An older doting fulltime grandmother and traveler.

What are you afraid of?
Wolves, sharks, bears, and rattlesnakes and being dependent on other people.

Most embarrassing moment(s)?
I think I shared that in class the other day.

Where were you born?
Altadena, California.

What is your favorite holiday?
July 4th, BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs, watermelon, and chips. FIREWORKS.

Favorite music or artist(s)?
Classical, 1960s/1970s folk music, movie music, swing and dance music, Broadway music, most music

What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Birth of my two sons and my grandson

Who has had the most influence on you?
Family and close friends.

What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
Watch TV and eat popcorn!

What is your favorite sport?
Kayaking

What is your favorite movie?
John Carpenter’s The Thing

If purple isn’t already your favorite color, what is?
I have many purple clothes but I think it is outdoor green.

If you were deserted on a beach, what are three emotions you'd feel?
Wonderment, bewilderment, concern

Why were you given your particular name?
My mother named me after a 1940’s actress, Marsha Hunt.

What is your favorite candy bar?
Mounds

What musical instruments can you play?
Swiss alpine horn. I won a contest in Lucerne, Switzerland for blowing those big, long alpine horns. This is thanks to my brother playing the trombone. I knew how to blow into the mouthpiece of a horn.

Have you ever seen a Broadway musical? Do you like theater?
Yes, Yes. Would you believe that when I was in Nursing School at UCLA in the late 60s, I saw Hair three times? Pretty racy for the times.

How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you?
She has a great smile. Just don’t do anything to elicit the “death stare!”

When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do?
Relax in the outdoors.

What is the strangest thing you ever did?
Too many things to tell. I plan to just keep you guessing.

What is the strangest food you ever ate?
Roasted donkey. It was actually very good.

Are you a morning or night person?
Night

What is usually your first thought when you wake up?
You mean besides, Nikelaos, Nikelaos, Nikelaos?

0 comments: